Thursday, October 13, 2011

A blog...Why in the nine hells would I want to write a blog?

  I was talking with a dear friend today, bitching and moaning about my general unemployability and other (ir)relevant topics.
  Miss Smartypants (Not her real name.) suggested I start a blog, even mentioning that a friend of mine just recently started one (http://jag-three.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-im-blogger-now.html  ,feel free to check it out, not much there, yet, but he is yet another dear friend and quite the talented artist.), so I said to myself, "Well, hells bells, if he can do a blog, why not me?".
  So, I started thinking a bit.What does one write about? Am I vain enough to think that what rattles around inside my head is noteworthy enough to post online? (It would seem I am, eh?) Would I be able to attract more than sympathy views from my friends? What do I hope to gain from this endeavour(Also, why do I seem to enjoy sometimes using British spellings of words instead of the Americanized versions?)? Do I really want my thoughts and feelings out there for all to see? How much should I let out and how much should I hold back? Should I use a pseudonymous identity to insulate myself?( Those who know me already know the answer to that.)Will I actually keep up with it or would it be something that I would start and promptly give up on as a bad idea?
 Only time will tell, I suppose...
 

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! Knew you could do it. Hugs and Kisses, Miss Smartypants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least I know where to find you now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure why they call it blogosphere, when it is really shaped more like a donut.

    ReplyDelete